AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multi-"Scheduled Server Script" Safe Scripting

Question asked by davidsilverthornsoftware on Sep 12, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2017 by davidsilverthornsoftware

Currently, I have a client using Filemaker Server 12 on Windows Server 2012 R2. There is a script that processes new records, extracts specific, but variable, sets of data and inputs them across multiple fields. While the script is usually speedy enough, some records are heavier to process than others. Thus, I had the idea to create a concept script that could, in theory, run as multiple scheduled scripts at once by using the following:

Set Error Capture [On]

Perform Find [Restore]

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

Loop

Open Record/Request

If [Get ( LastError ) = 0]

End If

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after last:On]

End Loop

This seemed simple enough. The script should attempt to each record it passes and ignore any records it found locked. The trouble is, I've had very limited success with it. It seems that two scheduled scripts, running at the same time, can handle each other for the first record that they process. That is, one of them appears to skip the first record locked by the other and processes the second. They do not continue working on any further records, however, and the Filemaker Server's Script Engine is unable to process functions from plugins then on until it is manually restarted.

Clearly, something derailed. In my test case, I was simply setting a field using the concept given above. Any thoughts on how to resolve this behavior? I'm a bit stumped at the moment.

Outcomes