AnsweredAssumed Answered

Print options for Send Event script step

Question asked by CSTate on Sep 12, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 by itsrayland

Is there a way of specifying print options for the send event script step? I am working on a solution which allows users to select a number of documents from a checklist. The intention is to be able to print the selected documents with a single button press. The documents are multi page PDF's stored in a server location. I have successfully scripted this using the Send Event script step but I find I can only print to the current default printer and I cannot select any print options. I would like to be able to specify the print options as the given documents require printing to a specific printer (not the default printer) and may require colour printing, 2 sided print, tray selection etc.

How I am getting around this at the moment is selecting Open Document in the Send Event options ("odoc") which opens each selected document in Adobe for the user to then print. This is OK but I would like to eliminate that part of the user intervention.

Am I perhaps barking up the wrong tree with the Send Event script step?

Here's the relevant part of the script (after setting up variables with relevant filepath and filename etc)

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes