synergy46

FM 16 Adv Mac - checkbox problem

Discussion created by synergy46 on Sep 14, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 by BruceRobertson

I have a membership application.  There is a relationship between Members and (Navigation) MemberNavigation (An instance of Members that serves to list the member names vertically.  Using this I can click a member name and gtrr to their record)  This works.

However, a member can have 1 of 3 DuesStatus values:  "Late", "Current" or ""

I established a relationship between Members and MembersNavigationl (Navigation Portal on left)  to make the above connection and it works.  I can click the 'checkbox' for 'Late' and/or 'Current' and I get, in the MembersPortal listing the expected records.

However, I can't figure out how to get ALL the records (Current, Late and "").  I tried scripting select all and find =* and find * but it does nothing.

Thanks for reading and thinking about this.  I am stumped over what seems to be a simple problem... ha

Current.png

The nav script below works until I get to the Else....  The find does nothing as does Show All.

NavCurrentLateScript.png

I suspect the problem has something to do with the fact that there is no MemDuesStatus field that shows "All".   But, the ELSE in the above script 'drops' into the Perform Find but doesn't affect anything.  Shouldn't it find =* ???

What am I missing???

Outcomes