Product and version
FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced
OS and version
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-ich, Mid 2014) Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
- In a client's solution hosted in FileMaker Server 16.0.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 with latest updates.
- Had the main interface open.
- Opened new window and navigated to a utility layout based a table that is a child on the main layout.
- Added a field to the layout.
- Cmd-S to save change.
- Pressed Cmd-B and nothing happened except the menu label turning blue briefly (normal).
- Selected View > Browse Mode and it did nothing.
- Navigated to another layout to force the Save dialog. Instead, the main window behind the window I was working in switched to the layout that I had selected in the other windows and it entered Layout Mode. The second windows was still up front.
- I closed the second window and it showed the save dialog.
- Clicked "save" and the window closed.
- Navigated to the saved layout in the first window and confirmed that the changes were saved.
How to replicate
I did steps 2-6 and it saved fine.
Workaround (if any)