AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is going to happen to Data API when it expires on 27th September?

Question asked by skywillmott on Sep 15, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2017 by monkeybreadsoftware

So I have finally got round to learning about the new Data API and prototyping some solutions where it could be very useful, in particular with using it in 'offline' local FileMaker Go files to communicate with Server hosted files, a lot of which I currently do with FMS's XML publishing, and it is a bit clunky parsing out the XML responses in FMGo. Using the Data API and the Curl options plus JSON functions available in FMGo 16 is looking like it could be really great. However, it has an expiry date of 27th September as detailed here:

FileMaker Data API trial

On that page it also says "Our plan is to have this licensing model in place before the trial expires*. In order to continue using the FileMaker Data API, customers will need to upgrade to the latest version of the FileMaker Platform before the trial expires."

So I guess this means we will be getting some updates very very soon! Is there any more news on this?

I would love to continue with the Data API after the 27th, but just now is impossible to plan for....

Outcomes