I have lots of questions about the order of operation for inserting files into containers when when integrated into WebDirect solution.
As far I can tell, after a user selects the file to upload from their local path, that file first gets ingested to
\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\Documents\Import\[directory#\
before being copied or fully ingested to the secure storage directory that I have specified for container fields. Correct?
- can I customize this path to an external/attached volume on the server?
- how long do these files remain in this temporary holding area, and how can I control that duration?
- After the user ingests their file, the WebDirect interface says that an "Action is Running".
- Am I correct in understanding that step 2 is the process of FM Server actualling moving the file from the temp directory to the secured storage?
- Is there any way to offload this step to the server and free the client web page up?