AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM13.0v9 crashing

Question asked by docgould on Sep 22, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2017 by wimdecorte

For the past couple of weeks, my FileMaker Pro has been quite unstable, crashing somewhat randomly but most consistently when I try to sort my database. I am running FM 13.0v9 on macOS High Sierra, version 10.13 Beta (17A362a). It's odd because I have one summary layout where it will happily show me records sorted by month through the end of August (for 2017). If I then have it show all records (ie: including September's records) and then try to sort by month, it crashes FM. This had never happened before September 2017.

Ironically, if I do a find for "9/1..." in another layout to isolate September's record, it is summarized well when I go back to the summary layout. I can also sort appropriately if only September's records are chosen. If I then show all records and sort, it will work. But if I close the database and open it again, it crashes if I try to go to my summary page and sort ...

I haven't changed anything about the database in 6 months to a year and I've been using some version of this data base since 2011. I would happy to provide more details and/or screenshots as requested to help sort this out. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Outcomes