I want to do the following to allow users of my FM Go 16 app to import a csv file into my app.
- Have the user identify a .csv file to import
- Import the .csv file to a container field
- Export the container field to a .csv file in the Temp folder
- Use "Insert From URL" to insert the file contents into a text field.
- Parse the csv in the text field into new records
I have the import to container field done, easy. But exporting to the temp folder and then using "Insert From URL" has me stumped. Here's my problem script:
Set Variable [$tempFilePath; Value: Get(TemporaryPath)&"csvtest.csv"]
(note: this creates a variable of "/MyHardDisk/var/folders/rr/cl9wnsmw8xjc1k0059b9sjhr0000gn/T/S10/csvtest.csv"
Export Field Contents [myTable::csv_container ; "$tempFilePath"]
Insert From URL [Select; With dialog On; myTable:csv_text_field; "File//"&tempFilePath ]
To this I get error 1631 "Connection failed".
Any ideas? TIA!