AnsweredAssumed Answered

Go to Portal Row in Web Direct (Virtual List)

Question asked by ezeitgeist on Sep 25, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2017 by Orlando

I have a Virtual List table that I am using to reference in a portal in a Contacts Table layout to navigate the Contacts records.

I have two drop-down fields that constrain by region and category, and a search field that searches Contacts Table records. These constrain/searches repopulate the VL to give me the results in the portal that show the searched records.

I have a button on top of the portal row that when clicked does the following script:

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 6.55.32 PM.png

The button script displays the selected Contacts Table record and is supposed to go to the portal row of that record in the VL portal. I have also added a conditional formatting that highlights the "selected" portal row.

Though I initially was using Todd's MasterDetail2.0, the name is vestigial and it is just a simple Virtual List.

The Issue: When I click the portal row, the Contacts table record displays properly and works in FMP, BUT in Web Direct the portal row now jumps to a different portal row section. I am showing 12 rows at a time and at max there are 1700 portal rows. The issue persists even when the portal is filtered down to 500 records.

I inserted the 0 second pause as recommended from the below linked discussion. It has had no real effect.

https://community.filemaker.com/message/703245?commentID=703245#comment-703245

I know the proper row is selected as it is highlighted when I scroll back to it.

How do I get around this very odd glitch??

PS When I was NOT using a VL list but a 2nd TO to display the Contacts records, I did not have this problem.

PPS I moved from a 2nd TO to the VL setup for the portal so that I could add a Search field that searched all the fields of the Contacts table with a Find.

Outcomes