AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to interface with Google Hangouts?

Question asked by amsc on Sep 29, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 by amsc

Our business uses Google Hangouts for remote users and quick escalation and resolution of operations issues.  As such, they want alerts and notifications out of our FM application to be posted to a Google Hangouts as a comment.  The Google + hangouts API was shutdown earlier this year.  I'm now looking into the Google suites APIs.  There is a Google Suite version of hangouts, but I don't see an API for it.  I was hoping for a way to email or 'HTTP put' a new posting, but haven't been able to find a way in yet.

Does anyone have experience with this?  All I need is the ability to post alerts from FM to the appropriate Google Hangout (i.e. the FM application would not need to interact with any Google Hangout postings, just add new messages as needed).  Not all of the people that would be getting alerts are on the FM application, so an internal FM messaging solution will not work.  Also, they would prefer to avoid additional emails or texting notifications.  Does anyone have an alternative suggestion / solution?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alex

Outcomes