AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bug: All data/records in entire table deleted/missing/gone

Question asked by scottworld on Sep 29, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 by jameshea

So, it seems like one of my clients has become victim to the issue of FileMaker deleting an entire table? My biggest client (with well over 100 FileMaker users) woke me up early this morning to tell me that all the records in one of their tables have been deleted.

Sure enough, one of the tables is completely empty except for the handful of new records that were added this morning.

We have been using this database system for over 10 years, FileMaker Pro reports that there is no corruption in this file, and the users have absolutely no ability to delete records in this table at all. There are not even any scripts which can delete records in this table, either. The file has the strictest of security privileges applied to it, and we use very strict custom menus on every single layout throughout the entire file. Custom menus are on full lockdown throughout the entire file. There is no way that any user could have done this.

(Not to mention that this also happened in the middle of the night while we were all sleeping, anyways.)

The company is running under this scenario:

- A mix of FMP 15.0.3 clients (on Mac) and FMP 16.0.2 clients (on Mac). No Windows clients.

- They recently switched a few weeks ago to a Windows Server 2012 R2 server running FileMaker Server 16.0.2 (from a Mac server running FMS 15.0.3). Is the Windows server the cause of this problem?

I know that FMP 15.0.4 just came out 2 days ago — would that prevent this particular problem from happening?

Thanks,

Scott

Outcomes