AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculation stops working when month is two-digits

Question asked by heatherwilliams on Oct 2, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2017 by heatherwilliams

I created a calculation to merge pieces of data into a custom string required by another office to process payments. The string is a concatenation of MIPV + a 2-digit program abbreviation + 7-digit ID + today's date. When I enter the date field and a couple of other variables are met, the "MIPV number merge" field is supposed to generate the 19-21 digit string following the aforementioned formula.

MIPV_number_calc:

Case (student_confirm1 = "Yes" and advisor_confirm1 = "Yes" ; "MIPVPS" & student_dartid ; student_confirm1 = "Yes" and advisor_confirm1 = "UGAR" ; "MIPVPS" & student_dartid ; "")

MIPV_date_calc:

Case ( student_confirm1 = "Yes"  and advisor_confirm1 = "Yes"; Year ( T1_MIPV_date ) & Month ( T1_MIPV_date ) & Day ( T1_MIPV_date ) ; student_confirm1 = "Yes"  and advisor_confirm1 = "UGAR" ; Year ( T1_MIPV_date ) & Month ( T1_MIPV_date ) & Day ( T1_MIPV_date ) ; "")

MIPV_number_merge:

If ( T1_MIPV_date_calc  ≥ "2017316" ; T1_MIPV_number_calc & T1_MIPV_date_calc ; "")

This worked flawlessly until today when the month changed to a 2-digit number (1-9 work; 10-12 do not). I verified that MIPV_number_calc and MIPV_date_calc are functioning properly and have the correctly calculated data in them. If I change the month to "9", then the MIPV_number_merge field populates, but if I change it to "10" it does not. What am I missing?

Outcomes