AnsweredAssumed Answered

Audit Forms - Flummoxed

Question asked by dbd787 on Oct 4, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2017 by philmodjunk

I audit academic programs and institutions in higher education against accreditation standards. It's a monstrous paper trail. I want to make it easier and simpler, yet keep doing the same core audit-against-standards process in a creative minimalist way. This will greatly improve the process. Yet I'm not very advanced with FileMaker, and need advice.

I have FM 12.

There are 11 primary Accreditation standards, each has several Substandards, and each Substandard has multiple Best Practices with description which I use in auditing / ascribing a performance score and notes if the score is low.

Standard 1

Substandard 1.1

Best Practices 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4...etc

I've created 3 tables for each:  1 Standard, 1 Substandard, and 1 Best Practices.

I created an "Audit" layout and have Standard, Substandard, above a Best Practices portal.

Yet the Best Practices are not sensitive to the Standard (Value List), Substandard (field) from above on the same form. Also, the portal is LONG if I want to see all the Best Practices for ALL the Substandard!

Wouldn't this be better with a Tab set up?

ie., 1 layout per Standard (11 layouts), with tabs for each Substandard, and Best Practices with populate into each tab frame, sensitive to the Substandard tab number...

If I'm correct in thinking a Tab setup would work well, how do I get Best Practices to show on the specific Substandard / correct Tab?

Tab

Substandard 1.1

Substandards 1.1.1-1.1.8

Thanks in advance.

Dale

Outcomes