AnsweredAssumed Answered

System crashes when running a script

Question asked by chihuas on Oct 4, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2017 by chihuas

I am having problems running one script, the script should create record in a table based on another table, but it creates only about 5,000 and then I receive the following message: "FileMaker Pro Advanced has stopped working  A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." 

The script I am running is the following:

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

Loop

Set Variable [$$PID; field1]

Set Variable [$$Year; Field2]

Set Variable [$$County; field3]

Set Variable [$$Imp; Field4]

Set Variable [$$Land; field5]

New Window [Style: Document; Using Layout: <Current Layout>

Go To Layout [“HistoryvaluesCAD” (HistoryvaluesCAD); Animation: None]

New Record/Request

Set Field [Field1; $$PID]

Set Field [Field2; $$Year]

Set Field [Field3; $$County]

Set Field [Field4; $$Imp]

Set Field [Field5; $$Land]

Commit Records/Requests [With dialog:On]

Close Wndow [Current Window]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after last:On]

End Loop   

The source table has 461 fields and 3,491,517 records, the destination table has only 6 fields and no records. I am only including 5 fields on the script because one of the fields is a calculation field that adds the values of field4 and field5.

The file is hosted on FileMaker server 16.0.2.212 on a Windows server 2016 standard computer with 48Gb memory with a Intel Xeon processor with 2.8 Ghz.

I am running the script on a pc with windows 7 professional Service pack 1 with a Processor i7 6700 with 3.4 Ghz and 32 Gb memory using FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.2.205

I just move from FileMaker 13 to FileMaker 16 last Friday. Using the previous version, I never had this type of problems.

Thank you.                    

Outcomes