AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I sign a FileMaker 16 runtime?

Question asked by dswatski on Oct 13, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2017 by monkeybreadsoftware

I want to sign my runtime so it may be downloaded from the web and installed without warnings under High Sierra. I signed up and received an Apple Developer ID and downloaded my certificate. I followed the instructions in the guide on MonkeyBread for signing runtimes. I am able to run that script, except that the last line in the sh where it actually signs the app fails. That line is:

codesign -f -vvvv -s "Developer ID Application: NNNNN (NNNN)" /Users/.../NNN.app

I get the error:

/Users/.../NNN.app resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed.

I believe there are some restrictions on signing an app if there is a resource fork in it, but I worry that it will break the runtime if I simply delete items from the resource bundle. I found some info on the web on this, but these generally dealt with using Xcode. I don't know if these are new restrictions as part of High Sierra. I am running the latest High Sierra and FMPA 16.0.3. I am also using one plug-in, and maybe that needs to be signed too. I will tackle signing the dmg next. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes