I have three separate databases on Filemaker Server 15 which are all accessible thru WebDirect. All three databases are in the same directory. To facilitate my question, the names of these databases are dB1, dB2, dB3. When I login to dB1, the layout includes three buttons.
- Button 1 runs a single step script using "Open URL" configured with dialog = "Off" and the URL points to dB2.
- Button 2 runs a single step script using "Open URL" configured with dialog = "Off" and the URL points to dB3.
- Button 3 runs a single step script using "Open URL" configured with dialog = "Off" and the URL points to "yahoo.com"
1. When I open dB1 with my browser (Chrome or IE), I am able to successfully login.
2. When I click on Button 1, a new browser window appears and the login screen to dB2 successfully appears
3. I close the browser window to dB2
4. When I click anywhere on the layout of dB1, the browser refreshes the screen and the browser window is blank
5. I refresh the browser window and the icon's for all three dB's appear. I then log back into dB1
6. When I click on Button 2, steps (2) - (5) above occur.
7. When I click on Button 3, a new browser window opens yahoo.com. When I close this window and return to dB1 layout in the browser, there is NO problem when I click anywhere in the layout of dB1.
It appears that there is a problem when using "Open URL" in opening separate FMP dB's thru WebDirect. If I open dB1 in FMP advanced and click any of the buttons, there is no problem.
Thus, please help answer the following questions:
1. Should I use a different "step" command other than "Open URL" when trying to open a separate FMP dB on the same FMP Server that is running WebDirect?
2. If "Open URL" is the correct "step" command, is there a special way I should reference the URL in this command to point to a different FMP dB on the same server? I am currently providing the complete URL, example "http://<DOMAIN>/fmi/webd#<dB Name>"
3. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Windows Op Sys = Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Chrome = Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
IE = Version 11.0.9600.17843
Filemaker Pro Advanced = 22.214.171.1245
Windows Op Sys = Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
FileMaker Pro Server = 126.96.36.1998