AnsweredAssumed Answered

Missing menubar cannot be restored in Windows

Question asked by dswatski on Oct 21, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2017 by philmodjunk

I have a runtime. This problem only affects Windows. My user opens a second window via a button. It is done via script and it is a Window Style of "Document" and I do not include a menubar. Normally, I have the user hit a Done button and close down the second window. However, in this case, the user closes the first window (the one that has a menubar), and then continues working with the second window which does not have a menubar. I cannot figure out a way to get the menubar to display again. Is there a way?

I tried closing the app and re-opening it. That did not fix the problem. I cannot get the menubar to re-appear.

Can I detect that no menubar is displayed, and force a second window to open via script and then close down the initial window? If yes, I can detect this special case and use this as a workaround.

This is a problem that affects only the PC side since each window carries with it a menubar. On the Mac side I don't have a problem as the menubar always floats at the top of the screen. I thought maybe some right-menu click somewhere, but that doesn't seem to work. Thanks for any help on this.

-Doug.

Outcomes