AnsweredAssumed Answered

Base64Encode not working as expected on Windows

Question asked by ndveitch on Oct 23, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 by ndveitch

Hi there,

I need to find out what I am doing wrong in my script when I try to encode a PDF that I get sent from a web server. The script works 100% on Mac but my Windows users are having trouble. They encode fine, but then the PDF is not viewable in the Container like it is when I run the same script on my Mac.

I get the PDF via a weblink and I played around with the script until I got this,

Insert from URL [ Select ; With dialog: Off ; LocalInvHead::ImageContainer ; Substitute ( LocalInvHead::ImageLink ; ["\/" ; "/"] ; ["[" ; "" ] ; ["]" ; "" ] ; [ "\"" ; "" ]) ]

Set Field [ LocalInvHead::ImageContainer ; Base64Decode ( Base64Encode ( LocalInvHead::ImageContainer ) ; GetAsText ( LocalInvHead::ImageContainer ) ) ]

I have to do the substitute, as that is how I get it from the web server. I have run the decode/encode step from my Mac and the PDF that was only showing an icon in the container now shows the PDF, and all I did was just run the set field step.

What can I look for to try and make the Windows users get the same results as I get on my Mac? 

Outcomes