BruceHerbach

Perform Script On Server ExecuteSQL failure

Discussion created by BruceHerbach on Oct 23, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 by bigtom

Ran into an interesting issue.  I have a script that when the database is hosted runs using Perform Script On Server.  A key portion of the script is a set Variable statement using ExecuteSQL.  The script populates a virtual list. Until today it was working perfectly.

I got a complaint from the client that it wasn't working and was displaying only a ? in the first row.  Ran it through the debugger using the unhosted path in the script and it worked.

After going through a couple of iterations of it works locally, but not on FMS I took a look at the FMS console and saw this message:

Database or temporary file "filewin:/C:/Windows/Temp/FMTEMPFM2564_1.tmp" low disk space, only 32476 KB free! Searched temporary files and freed 0 KB.

The server in question is an AWS server and was backing up a number of databases to the standard back up folder on the C: drive.  Updated the backup scripts to use a different drive.  Deleted a number of older backups freeing up space.  And bingo.... the script started working.

This was the first time I have run into this issue so thought it might be worth posting in case others had ran into this problem.

Outcomes