AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Server 16 - Error Event 673 - File Cannot be Removed

Question asked by AllegroDataSolutions on Oct 24, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 by AllegroDataSolutions

Does anybody have a work around for this problem? I have exactly one client who has been willing to use FileMaker 16 and this is very discouraging for them. The test build of their new solution cannot be removed and replaced with the finished version. We are going to be updating this solution frequently and cannot have this happening all the time. It will be impossible for them to conduct business. It is extremely hard to convince clients that FileMaker is a reliable platform when we encounter things like this.

PS - I searched the knowledge base for help on this problem and I see that it has been an issue going back at least as far as FileMaker Server 12. But it apparently still hasn't been remedied and I haven't been able to find a work around. (Other than manually removing the file from the folder, which neither I nor the client is going to be able to do in this case, since the solution is hosted on a WAN by a third party in another city and can be accessed only remotely, through the admin panel.

Thank you.

Outcomes