AnsweredAssumed Answered

What is the best way to accomplish conditional value lists when repeated fields, or multiple line items are needed?

Question asked by jjosmond on Oct 25, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 by philmodjunk

I am pretty new to Filemaker and have watched and researched as many video's as I can to try to accomplish my task and have still come up empty handed.

What is the best way to create a table that has conditional fields that are dependent on the entry of a related field?  The layout needs to have anywhere from 10-30 line items depending on the section of the form.  Obviously a conditional value list works for 2 fields related to each other, but if they are repeated fields the conditional value lists as everyone knows, don't work so well.  Portals don't seem to be too happy doing multiple lines with conditional values either.

I have a database table that consists of Manufacturer, Category, Item.  My Form Table wants to be able to list items based on the manufacturer selected.  I have the proper relationships created I believe. 

Any thoughts on a the most graceful, efficient way to accomplish something like this?  Does this need to be a scripted function? 

Outcomes