AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I use a Year Field (text) in one table to search in another?

Question asked by tbirdroy on Oct 28, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 by philmodjunk

I think this is probably a very basic question, but I'm new to this. I have one table with one record for Annual information about a music competition (place, school, Year, etc.) Another table has info on accompanists (name, address, Year they are working, etc.) I would like to find all of the accompanists performing in the Year from the Annual Info table.

I tried just using the AnnualInfo::Year = Accompanists::Year, but it didn't work. I thought about a Global field, but I couldn't figure out how to access it from the Accompanists table if I put it in the AnnualInfo table. Right now, I am just using the numbers of the year, instead of a field. (Accompanists::Year="2018"). But I would like next year to just enter the year in the Annual Info table, and have the reports return the accompanists from that year, and I can leave all the accompanist info in that Table in case they work again later. Then I won't have to rewrite the scripts for the Find.

This is probably a much longer explanation than the solution will take (at least I hope so)! Thanks so much for your help. I've gotten great help already on several questions -

Outcomes