fmpdude

Save as PDF HANGS on a Layout in FMPA 16 (but not in FMPA 14)

Discussion created by fmpdude on Oct 28, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 by fmpdude

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with save (a layout) as PDF hanging for any layouts where it used to work in an earlier version?

FMPA 14.0.6 has no issues creating the PDF from the layout in question that FMP 16 can't deal with. In 14, I get the "saving as PDF" dialog after the initial FMP "busy" icon. It takes a few seconds, but FMPA 14 gets the job done.

However, FMPA 16.0.3 hangs on that same Save as PDF layout. No FMP "busy" icon. Just an almost immediate and forever hanging color wheel.

FMI support will only help if I send them the data file, which I can't due to privacy. I tried to create a CLONE of the data file, but that doesn't have any issues. It works in 16.

FMI support claims nothing has changed since 14.0.6 and 16.0.3 in the PDF engine, but let me tell you: something is broken!

Sadly, FMP apparently logs no errors and has no way to "turn on error logging" for debugging. Thus , it's up to the customer, as I understand it, to spend the requisite hours/days/how ever long to come up with a sample data file that FMI can inspect.

Since I don't have those hours to spend, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a problem saving PDFs in 16.

So, after spending $330 on 16, I'm stuck needing two versions of FMPA.

I'll still need to keep FMPA 14 front and ready for this PDF save task, unfortunately.

Thanks for any replies...

Outcomes