jfencil

Import data to solution using $local Variable / "No fields defined in data source"

Discussion created by jfencil on Oct 31, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 by bigtom

Hello, I am currently trying to figure out how to import data between an iOS SDK wrapped FileMaker solutions using a local variable. My issue is "No fields are defined in the data source". I am using the YZY Soft demo below for an example but it does not function properly out of the box. Hence why I am trying to figure this out.

DEMO FILE:

I am using the YZY Soft Demo for importing data between iOS SDK wrapped filemaker solutions to try to figure this out:  http://www.yzysoft.com/filemaker-tips/how-to-update-native-ios-app-created-with-filemaker-ios-app-sdk/

WHAT I AM DOING:

1.  Set Variable [$FileName ; Value: "file:" & Right ( GetValue ( Get ( DocumentsPathListing ) ; 1 ) ; 20 ) ]

2. Import Records [With dialog: Off; "$FileName" ; Add; UTF-8 ]

I am given the error message "No fields are defined in the data source". I have also included a screenshot for what my Import Field Mapping looks like. It does not seem that you are able to determine source fields when you are importing using a local variable.

Import Records [With dialog: Off; "$FileName" ; Add; UTF-8 ]

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.57.04 AM.png

Am I missing something here?

Outcomes