AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unduly Enthusiastic "Export Records" Command Over-Exports

Question asked by richardsrussell on Nov 1, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 by richardsrussell

App: FileMaker Pro Advanced 16.0.3.302

Hardware: iMac (21.5", mid-2011, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3) + Apple Cinema Display

Description: This "Export Records" script step:

Specs.jpeg

Generates 3 extra lines of output per record:

Results.jpeg

Each of the extra lines has the same number of "fields" as the legitimate content (verified by adding to and subtracting from the list of exported fields), and the 3rd one is the same value (25) as the source, but the rest (including #1 and #4, also numeric) are empty. The presence of a "+" sign in the 2nd field and a space in the 6th field seems to eliminate the need for even the empty quotation marks ("") seen around the other null values.

I'm exporting with the "Use current layout's formatting" option turned off.

How to replicate: Happens every time, except that on my client's site under FMP 15 it generates only 1 extra line of output. Tried it with various output file types (.mer, as shown above, .tab, and .csv) and the ghost-record triplets show up on all of them.

Workaround (if any): I suppose I could sort the output file and throw away all the extraneous lines, but this is supposed to be a production process, running scores of times per day, so I'd much rather have it just generate a correct file in the 1st place.

Outcomes