AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inequality relationship not working

Question asked by amsc on Nov 7, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 by amsc

I've always scripted and filtered to get date ranges and never really used the relationships to drive that.  I'm trying a few methods to see if I can improve performance issues with one particular report.  I had originally worked with a scripted find for the date range which is taking quite a long time to process.  I decided to see if a relationship would work better, but I'm having an issue getting it setup.  

I've created a pair of fields in a separate table with the start and end dates I want.  These fields are not global fields, and the table only has 1 record.  I've created a relationship between that field and the table that I want to be filtered. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 7.14.59 AM.png

When I enter a date into the field g_search_dates::order_date1, I was expecting the layout based on Orders_31cpm_date to only show records with greater than that date.  Instead, I'm seeing all of the order records.  Also, I find it odd that the relationship is a many to many relationship; the g_search_date table only has 1 record.  As stated above, neither field is a global or calculation field.  The orders table is indexed on orderdate. 

I'm certain I'm doing something wrong here, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alex

Outcomes