Client: FileMaker Pro 16.0.3

Server: FileMaker Server 16.0.2

OS and version:

Client: macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Server: macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Hardware:

iMac, Mac Mini, other

Description

A script that runs without problems on macOS Sierra hangs forever when run on macOS High Sierra.  The problem occurs right after a Browse Mode Go To Layout which switches to a layout (Classic theme) which has slow-to-calculate summary fields displayed on it.

Using the Script Debugger I can see that the script is not paused but shows as running and positioned on the script step directy after the Go To Layout.  If I click the "Pause" button the script will pause but if I click run it will not progress.  Positioning the script debugger to the next script step does not allow the script to resume.  While the script is in this "running but not doing anything" mode there is minimal CPU being used on the client as if the script were waiting for something.  No error codes are thrown in the script prior to the hangup.

How to replicate

The problem is difficult to replicate other than in this solution.  The solution that exibits the issue consists of 40 files.

Workaround (if any)

The workaround in this case was to change the script to go to a layout that didn't have the summary fields displayed on it.

Outcomes