Johan Hedman

How much RAM do I really need?

Discussion created by Johan Hedman on Nov 10, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2017 by wimdecorte

Since the entrance of Perform Script on Server (PSoS) I am trying to use that function more and more. It is not only very good for the end users, but it also makes the creation of scripts a little bit more complicated (that is fun) to pass around the right parameters.

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 09.46.07.png

In FileMaker Server we have this tab for FileMaker Clients, where we set Maximum Simultaneous Script Sessions (MSSS). That value is 50 at the start if I am not wrong and we can change it to whatever we need, both up and down. That is really good that we can control that. But, what I want to know is how memory (RAM) do we need when we increase that number. If we have a rather big solution and many users that each run PSoS every now and then, FileMaker Server have to fire of a FileMaker instance inside FileMaker Server each time a PSoS is called. My guess is that it are taking a part of the RAM for each new PSoS. Do FMI have a recommendation of size of RAM depending of number for allowed MSSS? Are there some test results that could be shared to the developer community?

Outcomes