AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculating average monthly income?

Question asked by abruehl on Nov 10, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate my monthly average income. I feel like this should be pretty easy, but I can't wrap my head around it for some reason.

I have individual records showing daily income (I'm an acupuncturist and so have varying daily income depending on how many patients I see). These records also have the following fields: Date, Amount Paid, type of payment (Cash, Credit, etc.), office, and a bunch of other data, though I think only the Date and Amount Paid are important here. (Table = Money Received.)

I have a report showing my monthly income. So, each month listed out, with the total amount earned that month (sub-summary fields by year, month, and office (I have two separate offices).

Most importantly, I'd like to know what my average monthly income is based on the months of the year that have gone by already. Ideally, I'd like to be able to see how that changes over time (so, average monthly income in January, then February, then March, etc.). But I'd also settle for the average monthly income of all completed months (I'm writing this on Nov 10, so if I were looking at this now, I'd like to see the average of January - October).

I also have separate reports for new vs. returning patients at each office and would eventually like to get averages here. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Outcomes