AnsweredAssumed Answered

Print Layouts

Question asked by user29424 on Nov 15, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 by beverly

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or reading on print layouts.

Coming from print design I have always found this incredibly frustrating to achieve well in Filemaker. It may be me being fuzzy and used to different tools, obviously Filemaker is never going to be Illustrator or Indesign. But it has to be better than I have come to think it is on the subject. I've scoured the interwebs and come up with slim pickings on the subject.

Things that frustrate me in general are page breaks, flow between pages. Defining printed headers and footers that really stay exactly that. Can layout parts expand, like let's say line items, but what if they amount to more than a page can accommodate.

I tend to try and do things like invoices as a single frame with merge fields and aggregate the line items into one flat array that is generated when the print or send pdf script is is run. Surely there must be some good practices that work better than I've come to discover.

If anyone has good input or tips on good sources I'd be forever grateful and do my best to contribute to this community in return.

Outcomes