AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to put a unique serial number per Print if user enters number of copies to print?

Question asked by ienalpe28 on Nov 15, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 16, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hi Everyone,

I am making a solution that puts the unique serial number of a form every time it is printed.

I have created a travel order form table with a serialnumber field that auto increment every time it is created. User can create a new record, fill the form e.g. Name of employee, date of travel, destination and so on.. OR user can leave the form blank and print the form so they can manually fill it if they want to. The purpose of this is that the serial number will not have any duplication whether the user fill the form or just want to print it. The serial number is placed in the printed form. I have done this if I only print one page. My problem is what if the user choose to print like 5 copies of the form. The serial number should also adjust to the number of copies the user enter.

For example the beginning serial number is 2017-0001. If the user enters 5 copies in the print options there should be 5 pages of the form with the serial number:

2017-0001

2017-0002

2017-0003

2017-0004

2017-0005

Meaning that whatever the user put in the number of copies to print the serial number in printed form should increment and unique.  How can I achieve this? I would be grateful for any help. Thanks

Outcomes