AnsweredAssumed Answered

Configure Region Monitor Script

Question asked by captainamerica24 on Nov 16, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 by captainamerica24

I recently started using FileMaker Pro 16 (was previously using FileMaker Pro 15), but I am having a lot of trouble in running the Configure Region Monitor Script step. I have thoroughly studied all the steps I am using, but what I am trying to do is run a script when a tech arrives within seventy meters of a set Latitude and Longitude, then run a separate script when the tech leaves that seventy meter radius. However, I must be missing something because I cannot seem to get it to work properly. As it stands I have it like this:

1. On opening the file, the Login script runs which runs the Configure Region Monitor Script step setting it to where when the particular tech arrives within .06858 kilometers (about seventy-five yards), it will trigger the Refresh script.
  2. The Refresh script will then set several fields documenting at what time the tech arrived (and other random necessary information), but at the end runs the Configure Region Monitor Script step setting it to when the tech leaves the .06858 kilometer radius, it will trigger the End script.
  3. The End script will then set a few other fields and run the Configure Region Monitor Script step setting to a different set of Latitude and Longitudes with the same .06858 kilometer radius.

Am I doing something wrong? Typically get as far as the Refresh script setting fields, but it doesn't set the Configure Region Monitor Script step, and thus the End script doesn't run when I leave the .06858 kilometer radius. Any help would be appreciated.

Outcomes