AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationships based on unstored calculations fail in WebDirect

Question asked by Jonathan Jeffery on Nov 20, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2017 by tsplatypus

Product and version     WebDirect 16

OS and version      FMcloud 1.16.0.55

Browser and version     Safari 11.0.1 (13604.3.5)

Hardware     AWS t2.large

Description

I have a portal based on a relationship across three tables, which uses an unstored calculation, for example:

Table1 -> Table2 -> Table3

...where the layout is based on Table1, the portal shows records from Table3, and Table2 has an unstored calculation field matched to a stored text field in Table3.

In fact, the unstored calculation in question is simply get(persistentID), used to obtain only records from table3 that relate to the device current running FileMaker.

The portal works as expected on FileMaker Pro clients, only showing records with the matching value of persistentID, but no records are shown in the same portal when accessed via WedDirect — even though I can display the unstored calculation field from table2 and see that it is set to the expected value, and there are definitely records with a matching value in table3.

Interestingly, if I move the unstored calculation field to Table1, and make a relationship directly between Table1 and Table3, it works as expected in both FileMaker client and WebD.

Workaround    Replacing the unstored calc with a global field (set to the persistentID) works in WebD. This is obviously a bit more awkward to maintain, as the value has to be set by script.

Outcomes