I have two tables: Users and Tasks. Each User can have many Tasks but every Task can have only one User.
If I click on John Smith in the first layout I'll be taken to a new layout that shows me only John's tasks (thanks to "Go to related record" script).
Now, what I'm trying to accomplish - and need some help with - is from this layout I would like to be able to see a scrolling list of all John's tasks on the left (but only their titles). When I select, say, Task 20 I want to see all of Task 20's metadata on the right. In other words, a master-detail view like this:
I followed this video tutorial (https://vimeo.com/164338472) which got me close to my goal but not all the way. If you skip to the 6:20 mark you can see what he does. But basically his approach is this:
- From the Contacts layout he creates a portal.
- He creates a summary field called listOf and chooses to create a "List of" IDs from the Contacts table
- He creates a relationship from the ID field and the listOf field
- He populates the portal with this data
- He uses a script to "Go to related record" when the user clicks on a button in the row
This approach works great for the master-detail view, but it has one problem for me. I don't want to see all Tasks, just John's Tasks (or whoever I clicked on in the previous layout).
Not sure how to solve this. Do I need to create a "Constrained found set" when I navigate from John Smith's record in the previous Users layout? Any ideas would be appreciated!