AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trouble with a field in my portal

Question asked by woolley2 on Nov 21, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2017 by jormond

Hi Filemaker Community,

I really need some help. This might be a very simple silly issue but it's driving me crazy and holding up my progress.

Here's what I'm trying to do: My database has a many to many relationship. Table of projects, table of team members, linked by a table I've called FTE, "Full Time Equivalent", because it contains a field that shows what percentage of their hours a team member works on a particular project. (This is expressed as a decimal number, by the way.) So I want to have a layout based on the Team Members table, which shows a portal within it that lists all the projects a particular team member is working on, and their FTE assigned to that project. So the portal contains fields from the project table, apart from the one field "FTE" which is from the FTE table. I used the portal button to make the portal, but the FTE is coming out wrong. It should be different numbers for each project for each person, but at the moment it's only showing the same number across all of the list of that person's projects. E.g. Caroline is working 0.22 on project 1, 0.6 on project 2, 0.05 on project 3. The FTE was actually inputted in a different layout based on the project table with a portal of team members, if you catch my drift. But in the Team Member layout, Caroline's FTE for each of projects 1, 2 and 3 in the portal is 0.6. Wrong! What have I done wrong? Can anyone help me? Very very happy to answer any questions for further details.

love from Michelle (a relative newbie) xx

Outcomes