Product and version:
- reproduced in WebDirect on
- FileMaker Server 220.127.116.11
OS and version:
- Mac Os 10.12.6
- Safari 11.0.1 (12604.3.5.1.1)
- WebDirect users are losing data due to session timeout. If a user begins to type information into a field and does not manually commit the field before the session timeout, they will lose what they have typed.
- This happens when users are typing data into a field using WebDirect. The timeout flashes on the screen for only a few seconds and almost always results in the user losing the text they had been typing into the field.
- This does not appear to happen if the user loses connection with the host. In that case it seems to handles the disconnect.
How to replicate:
- Set the WebDirect session timeout to 15min ( in admin console on server )
- Open a solution in web direct, select a text field and start typing. If you do not commit the record, the time out will flash up after 15 minutes. If you continue to type, or do not hit “ cancel” in time, the session will end. Any text that had not been committed in the field will be lost.
- The timeout dialogue happens very quickly 3-5 seconds.