BruceHerbach

Debugger and Data viewer change monitors, possible bug ?

Discussion created by BruceHerbach on Nov 24, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2017 by TSGal

When I switch applications  FMPA to e-mail and back to FMPA the dataviewer changes monitors.

I'm using FMPA 16.0.3.302 on a Mac Book Pro (15-inch, 2016) Running Sierra 10.12.6.  The computer is set up with two external monitors. An Apple Thunderbolt display an Acer monitor connected through the HDMI port on the USB3 adapter.

The issue occurs when I have the Debugger and/or the Data viewer open and positioned on the Acer monitor or the MacBook Pro built-in display and the database is on the Apple Thunderbolt display.    Changing to another application causes the Debugger and Data viewer window to vanish.  Switching back to the FMPA the Debugger and Data viewer re-opens on the Thunderbolt display.

If possible it would be great if FMPA would remember the location, size and position of the call stack seperator when the debugger and data viewer windows are closed.  Then have them re-open in the same position the next time they are opened.

Even if they just kept this information for the active session and started over the next time FMPA opened it would be very helpful.

I tested this in FMPA 15 and it works the same way.

Thanks

Bruce Herbach

FileMaker 16 Certified Developer

Outcomes