AnsweredAssumed Answered

Printing from FMGo on an iPad (using Bluetooth) to a Brother QL-820NWB

Question asked by sfarnsworth on Nov 29, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 4, 2018 by bfalasiri

I'm fairly new to filemaker development and do not have a background in web development so please bear with me.

End goal is that I need to print barcodes. The connection from the iPad to the printer is using bluetooth not wireless.

Here's what I know so far:

• I'm using Filemaker Pro Advanced 16.0.3.302 on my Mac laptop and programming it for an iPad
  • I can print via bluetooth from my mac using my current script to the printer. So I disconnected my mac and connected it to the tablet.
  • I can print from the Brother app to the printer, but not from FMGo to the printer.

In my script I have these two lines

• "Print Setup [Restore ; With dialog: On]" step  & "Print [Restore: (the brother printer name) ; With dialog: On ]

When I try to print from the iPad, the print options come up and it doesn't show the brother printers name, it shows the nearest wireless printer. When I scroll through the given printer options it doesn't even recognize the connection to the Brother printer.

Are there any work arounds for this? I saw some responses back that mentioned a bot, but i'm not sure the company I work for would purchase that so I'd like to exhaust all my options first before I bring that too them as an option. And yup the other option I'll be mentioning is to allow the printer to have network access so it can be used wirelessly.

Outcomes