AnsweredAssumed Answered

Go to related records not working as expected

Question asked by colindunn on Nov 29, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2017 by colindunn

I'm having an issue with "Go to related record" script where it's not taking me to the expected set of records.

I have two tables: agendas and items. Agendas can have multiple items and items can exist on multiple agendas. So to support this I created a third table, AgendaItems.

I have two layouts: Agendas (plural) and Agenda (singular). Apologies for the very similar names.

Agendas (plural) is a list-view that displays every agenda as a row. When I click on an agenda I use "Go to related records" to navigate to the Agenda (singular) layout and show only the items for that specific agenda.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.23.45 PM.png

Agenda (singular) is a form-view based on the Item table. It contains a portal that displays all items on the agenda. When I click on an item in the portal it shows me the details of that specific item. I'm using a cartesian join to an instance of the AgendaItem's table to accomplish this.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.26.09 PM.png

Everything was working great until I tried to put a single Item on multiple Agendas. When I create a second AgendaItem record for an Item the "Go to related records" script stops working as expected.

Specifically, when I try to navigate from Agendas (plural) to Agenda (singular) it takes me to the same set of records each time.

For example, if I click on Agenda A I see items related to Agenda A. But when I click on Agenda B I also see items for Agenda A. If I delete the AgendaItem record that is pointing to an Item for the second time it works again.

What am I doing wrong?

Outcomes