AnsweredAssumed Answered

Making a "Filter" for a calculation.

Question asked by micahsorenson on Dec 1, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2017 by micahsorenson

So right now I have a layout with 2 portals in it. Both portals show records from a related table that holds an "Item Transaction". The first one is setup to only show the "Item Name" and a Summary field that gets a "running total of" "Units" per transaction, so we can see how many units per item we have available.

Everything with that portal works, but on the other portal I want it to only display 1 portal row per item with the "Current" sum of units per item in the correct portal row. How I have the portal setup now is just the "Item Name", and a calculation field that gets "Last" of the summary field which will work if we only ever make transactions for 1 type of unit.

What I need is a way to filter the Last command per "Item Name" and have it display on the correct unit in the portal. I'm not sure if this is the best way to fix my issue, and I am willing to change things on the layout to get this function working.

P.S. Both portals also have a serial number showing transactions in order, and on the second portal it is filtered by "Account Transactions::Transaction Serial = GetNthRecord ( Account Transactions Filter::Transaction Serial ; 1 )" so it will only come up with the oldest transaction per item.

Outcomes