AnsweredAssumed Answered

Typo in solution

Question asked by jglenn on Dec 1, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2017 by TSGal

It seems like a shame to disturb everyone in this community just to report a typo, but I couldn't find another way to report a bug. Please let me know if there's an email address or webpage for submitting tiny bugs like this.

In the Starter Solutions, each one has a script which simply displays a help message. This message has a typo. It currently says:

"You build scripts by selecting from a list of FileMaker Pro commands, called script steps.¶Specifying options (if necessary), and arranging the steps in the correct order to perform the task."

Obviously, the period should be a comma. However, I disagree that the available functions are called "script steps," so this would be more accurate:

"You build scripts by selecting script steps from a list of FileMaker Pro commands, specifying options (if necessary), and arranging the steps in the correct order to perform the task."

Note: the text with the typo appears twice in the same script.

In any case, this little message isn't nearly enough to start someone off coding their own scripts. It would be more helpful to include a link to more in-depth instruction.

Outcomes