For the two years or so we have been having this ghost connection issue on our Filemaker Server. Where the server doesn’t disconnect clients and have multiple same IP connections. When the server reaches its connection limit, the server is useless. The only way I can clear this up is by rebooting the server. I contacted support to no avail. The only thing they recommended was to reinstall the server software and to try a clean install of the VM OS software. Neither of these worked. These are the issues I’ve noticed and the actions I have taken.
- Issue seems random. Sometimes I can go weeks without crashing, other days I can crash 3-4 times in one day.
- There is a dump file created every time the ghost connections appear.
- The server is ran on a VM Windows Server 2012R2, FileMaker Server 184.108.40.206
- This issue has been happening since v14, no version upgrades fixed this issue.
- I tried just restarting adminserver/webdirect and the issue got worse.
If anyone has any insight on how to finally get rid of the ghost connect issue, it would be greatly appreciated.