AnsweredAssumed Answered

Make your own Autofill

Question asked by celticguardian93 on Dec 5, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 by celticguardian93

Hi, I'm working on an app for authors. It is basically a big storage space for all the details that go into characters (hair color, height, age etc) and locations (material used, location in the world, who built it etc). However, I'm adding features to help speed up the process like a name generator, a timeline to populate, and a map maker. So, when I think of speed, I think of autofill. I don't know if it's possible, but I'd like to have a page where they can set parameters for autofill. I added a tab in my app for groups which includes groups of people (armies, organizations, families, species, races etc) and a group of locations (towns, cities, garrisons etc). So, using Lord of the rings as an example, if you are creating a species of dwarves, I'd like them to be able to set an average height, weight, religion and the like to fill in the fields in my character tab. So, when they type Dwarf into the Species field, I'd like it to either edit a dropdown with an average height range (which they can always choose to go outside of) or fill in a number so they can merely vary the inches and feet by a small amount. Basically, I'd like to make it easier to make similar characters (like a species of dwarves) without having to retype the information OVER and OVER again every time they make a new dwarf. Does that make sense? Essentially I'd like to give them the ability to make character templates. If you have any questions please let me know and thank you for all of your time and your help in advance!

Outcomes