AnsweredAssumed Answered

Timeline Maker

Question asked by celticguardian93 on Dec 5, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2017 by jbrown

Hi, I'm working on an app for authors. It is basically a big storage space for all the details that go into characters (hair color, height, age etc) and locations (material used, location in the world, who built it etc). So, the key to a good fictional world is detail. And, detail can be found most in history. However, it gets kind of hard to keep track of timelines and events and preventing mix ups and overlaps which would confuse the reader. That's why I want to create a timeline which they can add events to and sort by various events (births and deaths of characters, wars, great periods of change, an object's or location's creation etc). The picture below is basically what I'm looking for but due to the length of a world's history, I'd like to be able to start big (centuries) and work down to years, months and days. I don't know if any of that is possible in filemaker but any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you in advance for your time and your help!

timeline.png

Outcomes