AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to have Full Access priviledges without the ability to create User Accounts?

Question asked by empress on Dec 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 21, 2018 by wimdecorte

I work for a small business that runs a bespoke Filemaker database for all of it's production needs and I have been tasked with looking into the access priviledges as the Company is working towards ISO 27001 accreditation.

As the subject says, I need to allow the users to have full access for information entry and database manipulation but without the ability to add/remove/edit user accounts so I wanted to know if this is possible and how to go about it.

I must confess to not being particularly familiar with Filemaker and this problem has landed on my desk due to my being the de-facto IT support for the Company.

Our database is running on Filemaker Server 16 and is accessed by a small number of users through Filemaker Pro 16 clients.

Any help would be greatfully received as I have tried using some of the other default priviledge settings but they end up restricting what the users can do so they aren't workable without a massive re-write of a lot of the elements of the database.

Outcomes