AnsweredAssumed Answered

Container Field with Sound File Shows Error - Server Port #?

Question asked by SethRedlus on Dec 11, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2017 by SethRedlus

Hello All-

I've had a database that has worked over several versions (14-15) where a sound file inserted into a container field is called and played on an event.

Recently, I moved my file to a new server and the sound effect breaks - I get a playback bar with the word "error". Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 10.30.08 AM.png

I've heard some folks indicate that it could be a port conflict on the server - and that the server is unable to stream container data back to the client due to a conflict, however I have other container data that is not A/V (like PDFs, images, etc) that I am able to retrieve just fine. I'm a little hesitant to have to uninstall and re-install the server just to check for a port conflict.

I did attempt to upload the file into a container field on a local copy of the database, and it appears to accept the file just fine. So - my two questions are:

1) Does anyone know any way to change the server's port number without actually uninstalling/reinstalling the server?

2) Is it reasonable to assume that the server would be able to send PDFs and other documents in a container field, but would only have problems with sound files? (this is what makes me not want to re-install the server). Is there something else I need to open on the server to prevent the issue?

Thanks All.