AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculating Values From Another Table

Question asked by dscott on Dec 10, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2017 by philmodjunk

I'm working on database for my maintenance department.  Each maintenance tech fills out a Timesheet daily and during the day he fills out multiple Worksheets throughout the day with information such as where they did the work, what they did and how long it took them which is recorded in a separate table.  At the end of the day I want to be able compare the time of all their Worksheets that day with the number of hours they worked based on their daily Timesheet.  The goal is for the maintenance tech to know how many hours their Worksheets total for that day by viewing the total on their Timesheet.  I have created a field on their Timesheet to show that total but I can't get the calculation to work.  Each maintenance tech has a field for their name and date on both the Timesheet and Worksheet.

Example - Maintenance tech 1 works 8 hours on11/1/17.  He has 3 worksheets completed on 11/1/17 that has one worksheet with 2.5 hours, another with 1.5 hours and another with 3 hours.  He sees that he has 7 hours of worksheets in the field that I just created on his timesheet before he clocks out for the day.

There are 8 maintenance techs each filling out multiple Worksheets throughout the day but only 1 Timesheet per maintenance tech per day.  I need each maintenance tech to view the calculated total of their own Worksheets for that day.

Any suggestions are welcome on the best way to create the calculation.

Outcomes