AnsweredAssumed Answered

Insert a document or text from a document

Question asked by celticguardian93 on Dec 13, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2017 by beverly

Hi, I'm working on an app for authors. It serves as a kind of storage space for the details that go into characters and locations. However, I'm also adding features to help automate and stimulate the creative process like name generators, a timeline, and a map maker. Every writing app needs a writing space. However, many people will already have made alot of documents for their books. So, I'd also like a way to insert word documents into the layout but doing it with a container field just shows an icon, and if I use a web viewer, I have to choose the document each time I open the web viewer. I'd rather they didn't have to lose all of the formatting for a solid block of text. I could have them convert them to PDF's, but I'd like to let them to be able to edit it. So, in summation, I'd like them to be able to: a) Insert text while keeping its format, b) Using a web viewer to view a specific document for each unique record (ie. a scene labeled chapter 2 will draw from a doc containing that chapter). I don't know if that makes sense. If not, feel free to ask and I will try to clear it up as best I can. Thanks in advance for your help!

Outcomes