OS and version : Win 10
Browser and version : Iphone Safari
Hardware : Iphone
Description : Save as PDF append NOK with Filemaker GO and Webdirect from System Version Iphone Safari
How to replicate
We read a lot about ways to create pdf with FMS, FM GO, ....
Thanks mikebeargie for the links that summarise the solutions
1) Robot machine, explained here: http://www.seedcode.com/printing-pdfs-filemaker-webdirect/
2) CWP script, explained here: https://www.dbservices.com/articles/how-to-create-a-pdf-from-filemaker-server/
I use also other options to create a pdf on server and downloading it easily using SAVE as PDF on :
3. All platforms : included a PSOS script (careful to the path to the server directory)
4. Webdirect : running Save as PDF in a normal script ONLY
> works perfectly with a browser used on a DESKTOP even with SAVE AS PDF APPEND
> works partially with a browser used on an IPHONE (partially because SAVE AS PDF APPEND has a major BUG)
Nb item 3. has the same bug with IPHONE.
When we use save as pdf on WEB DIRECT, web publishing creates a PDF file on the following path
Filemaker/Filemaker Server/Web Publishing/Publishing-Engine /Documents/PDF-xx
- if file is generated from Browser on Desktop
> initialisation of save as pdf - the filename is the one choose in the path
> save as pdf append = pdfs are added to the correct file name
- if file is generated from Browser on IPHONE
> initialisation of save as pdf - the filename is not the one we choose but alway "untitled.pdf"
> save as pdf append = overwrite the "untitled.pdf" file with last pdf generated
- Is there a way to bypass this bug ?
- is there a way to know the password that protects this file ?
By advance thanks