AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM 16 Export Field Contents & Automatically Open not meeting expectation when opening a PDF?

Question asked by jimmybuckmccune on Dec 17, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2017 by techt

Hi All, the script below is meeting my basic need - but it's not what I was expecting? 

1. When the script is executed a Window pops up?  Asking the User "How do you want to to open this file?"
    • It then gives the User  a list of Applications to select from:  Adobe Acrobat, FM 16, Internet Explore and .....
    • Once the user selects Acrobat, the PDF is opened and all is good.
  • What I was hoping for and expecting, when the Automatically Open  is called it would default to Adobe Acrobat and the PDF is open without any user interaction? 

My search to resolve this issue has come up short - it's the reason for the question.  I found this script on this site or one of the other FM Community sites.

FM 16 Scripts: FM 16 PDF External View V3

Go to Layout [ “FM 15 Add Level 3 Work Instruction Record PDF” (Level 3 Work Instruction Procedure) ]

Set Error Capture [ On ]

Set Variable [ $PDFPath; Value:Get ( TemporaryPath )]

Set Field [ Level 3 Work Instruction Procedure::fm16 temp2; $PDFPath ]

Set Variable [ $PDFFName; Value:Level 3 Work Instruction Procedure::FM 16 PDF Container ]

Export Field Contents [ Level 3 Work Instruction Procedure::FM 16 PDF Container; “$PDFPath/$pdfFName.pdf; Automatically open ” OR “file: $pdfFName.pdf; Automatically open”; Automatically Open ]

Set Variable [ $Error; Value:Get ( LastError ) ]

Outcomes